Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This and that

Just a few things before I leave for Kenya next week.

1. I'll be there for 5 months (December 2 - April 29, 2009) and really looking forward to working with AfricaHope again.

2. The world doesn't stop turning when I'm there, so feel free to e-mail, call, or good 'ole snail mail (my contact info is at the bottom of this page.)

3. Helen and I are counting down the days before our wedding (214 days left!) but not looking forward to being apart for the next 5 months. She is going to be in Africa for a bit while I'm over there, but she's going to Gabon (West Africa) and she insists that the continent is large and not suited for "popping in to say hi" to the tune of an extra $1,000. I have to say, I see her point.

4. Please, please, if you want to receive e-mail updates from me or would like to receive my newsletter via mail (and they're pretty interesting, I might add), please send me the following information:

Your Name
1234 Humble Abode Ave.
Your City, ST(ate) 12345

(000) 867-5309 (your tele if you want me to have it)
youremailaddress@yourserver.com

SEND THAT INFO TO: skingery@nmsi.org

(if you don't know if you're on my contact list, send it to me anyway and I'll do the checking :-)

_____________________________________________________________

TO CONTACT ME WHILE I'M IN KENYA:

Shane Kingery
P.O. Box 847
Narok, Kenya
EAST AFRICA

*Keep in mind, it takes 2-3 weeks to receive mail from the U.S. and it's a good idea not to send me boxes. If you want to send me anything (like peanut or dark chocolate M&M's - I'm just say'in) it's best to do that in a padded envelope and not sent it later than early April so that I get it...

skingery@nmsi.org
(e-mail me and I can send you my phone number)

No comments: